Things To Do
Welcome to Lake Cowichan, home to one of Vancouver Islands' largest lakes. Cowichan Lake is a 34 km body of water waiting for you to explore. The Lake is also the gateway to the rain forest of our valley, the Carmanah Provincial Park, Port Renfrew and the west coast. Cowichan Lake drains 30 km east, to Duncan, through our heritage river the "Cowichan River".
Greendale Riverside Cabins is located on the banks of the Cowichan River and has been a central location for guests to explore the outdoors of the Cowichan Lake area for well over 100 years.
From the doorstep of your cabin you can fly fish, birdwatch, view salmon spawning, black bear and deer roaming Greendale. During the summer months one can swim or drift the river in a tube, or just relax by a campfire.
Greendale awaits you.
Once you leave Greendale, you will find the lovely town of Lake Cowichan, just a 10 minute walk away. The town has wonderful shops to check out and all the amenities you will need to make your stay more comfortable.
Interesting things to do around the lake are:
- Visiting the famous Kaatza Museum which contains a great pioneer display, displaying the Green and March families rich history in our area.
- Hike one of the many trails around the lake or river.
- Water activities on the lake or river such as boating, kayaking, fishing, swimming and tubing.
- Explore the Cowichan River Provincial Park, Gordon Bay Provincial Park, Wildflower Reserve, or any of the many other parks in the area.
- Golf one of the 5 golf courses in the Cowichan Valley, or take in a wine tour.
Come to this magical place and share in the hospitality. Make this natural wonder your special place to pause ... rest ... relax ...and to enjoy friends and family.